Data and Code: Github
Recommended citation: Cohen, F., Schwarz, M., Li, S., Lu, Y., Jani, A. (2020). The Challenge of Using Epidemiological Case Count Data: The Example of Confirmed COVID-19 Cases and the Weather. Perspectives on the Economics of the Environment in the Shadow of Coronavirus. Environmental and Resource Economics.
Selected Press Coverage: Press release by the Oxford Martin School
- The Conversation (written by the authors): Why we cant tell if warmer weather slows down the spread of coronavirus.
- Climate Econometrics Blog: Does the weather affect COVID-19?. Written by Angela Wenham and Moritz Schwarz
- New Scientist: What will happen to covid-19 cases in winter and how can we prepare? by Adam Vaughan
- The Telegraph: Coronavirus spread may not be slowed down by warm weather, scientists warn
- Daily Mail: Will Covid-19 REALLY be worse this winter? Scientists admit it is currently IMPOSSIBLE to prove the coronavirus spreads slower in the summer
- Evening Standard: Impossible to know if warmer weather slows spread of coronavirus using current data, study finds
- The Daily Express: BBC Weather Europe: Heatwave to exceed 40C on continent by this weekend
- Press Association: Still not known if warmer weather slows Covid-19 spread - study. article distributed in around 250 outlets such as Yahoo News, Sunday Post, News and Star, Aberdeen Evening Express, Harrow Times, This is Local London, thisismoney.co.uk, South Wales Argus, Bournemouth Echo, The Bolton News, South Wales Guardian, Western Telegraph, North Wales Pioneer, Daily Echo, North Wales Chronicle, Shropshire Star, etc.
- BBC South Evening News
- Many Others